Monday, August 16, 2010

Where has the summer gone?

It's hard to believe that school starts in 1 week! This summer has flown by. This weekend Phil and I were able to go on a rafting trip on the main Payette with some of his family. We had a blast! There were 8 of us that went, and we ended up in 2 seperate rafts. The weather was perfect, and the water was cold. Our guides were awesome! Phil's twin sister and I were had a few times by our guide. The first time he was having us do some "stretching" which turned out to be the macarena. Brooke caught onto that one pretty quick. The second time Brooke and I had just switched up to the front of the raft, and we had also switched sides. It felt weird to switch sides paddling and our guide pointed out that Brooke (who was on the right side of the raft) had a left handed paddle. Well me being a brilliant as I am was asking "How can you tell?" Well anyway, he told me I had the right handed paddle and so we switched. LOL! Can we say gullable? Our husbands and the guide couldn't hold themselves together. There are not right or left handed paddles genius! About half way down the river both rafts stopped at some rocks and Phil's dad, brother Beaugh, and I decided to do some jumping. It seemed like a good idea until you get up there! It was super hard to get up to the top of the rock, and you pretty much had to grab a hold of the top and pull yourself up. Once you got to the top, there was only about 1 square foot to stand on, and it wasn't exactly even ground either. Beaugh had jumped off into the current and he finally came up about 20 feet downstream. I just screamed the whole way down. Considering though, it was a lot of fun! I definatley love this new family tradition that has been started! Can't wait for next year! Staircase!!!!

1 comment:

Livi said...

hey there! so fun to find your blog - that is really cute picture of you two!

www.strumblings.com